Friday, April 11, 2008

What do you think get marry with a American?

I curious this question because I read a book about international marriage. Most people think international marriage must sweet, romantic. Include me, my opinin like this, but not all the way.

First, If two people get married, where shall they live? Whatever living which country,someone have to leaving her or his country for a long time. Homesick connot be avoid between the husband and wife.

Second,a foreigner live in another counter always exsit culture shock. Two people from two different country and if they are too close, so some detail things would they unhappy, such as how to use money.

Third, the biggest promble is language. If a person learn a new language after ten years old, learned 70% is the best situation. People can enjoy talking in the new luanguage in the beginning period, but after several monthes, people would tired to use this language.I understand this ponit, because I've a little tired to spkoen English since I came to America.

After I realized these trouble, I made a dicision that I will get marry with a Chinese or a Taiwanese...

5 comments:

Cherry said...

I agree with your opinion. I rather get married with Vietnamese man than foreigner man. It is easier to comunicate in daily life.

D'blog said...

Hi Terry. With me, I like to marry with Vietnamese girl than foreigner because I think we will have so many problems about difference culture. I addition, I always like Vietnamese girls :D.

AZUL said...

Good decision! I admire you. You are very young and have cleared who will you get married. Believe me, I don't have any idea what part of the planet could be my husband.___ yami
It's probably outside this planet, Mars.

Christina said...

When I finish reading your essay, I am with you there.
First, I think culture is the most important reason. Because if I get married with a American, our culture is different, we must use long time to change our custom. So maybe in our life will brannigan everyday. It will not be good for us to community with each other.
Second, I think if I married with American I will stay in the U.S. Maybe I agree, but my parents can't speak English, they will stay in China. So I don't have time to take care of them. I think it's bad for me to do that.
Third, the divorce rate. Everyone knows that American divorce rate is very terrible. If you married with American, maybe three or four mounths they will divorce. Every girls want to find the love forever, so I think get marry with a American is insecure.
In short, I don't marry with a American, but if making friends, I want to know more.

tammy~in spring said...

Well, if I will marry with someone , I must choose to marry with the one who can speak my native languarge, and that is the basic requirement I want. I think nothing is impossible, and so do you.